Donate today and help children, youth and adults who are living with grief to heal and grow. Please choose how you would like to make a difference with one of our giving options below. Your donation will be eligible for a tax credit as a charitable gift.
$1200… pays for one family to participate in a 10-week peer closed group program when a parent or sibling has died
$500… allows one teen to participate in the 10-week Art Therapy for Grief Program
$250… the real cost for 1 adult to participate in a closed group for ten weeks
$100… pays for a meal for 10 families at the start of the Parent/Youth group session
$50… covers the photocopying costs for grief related materials at Support and Share Day & Support and Share Night for one month.
$25… buys art supplies for one session of the Children’s Art Therapy for Grief program
Our charitable donation number is: 85343 2730 RR0001
Donate now through CanadaHelps.org
We accept both Visa and Mastercard
You can also direct your donation to Bereaved Families of Ottawa through the United Way. Add our charitable number, 85343 2730 RR0001, to your donation slip. We don’t receive the names of those who donate to us through the United Way, so thank you in advance for your contribution.
Create a Third-Party event:
Turn your passions into successful fundraising events. This is a great way to have fun while raising funds for BFO. The ideas are endless. Here are some of our favourites:
Deb and Dan got married
$6,000 for BFO
Jane makes Gingerbread Houses
Over $2,600 raised annually
Zena hosted a Cooking for Healing Workshop
Become a sponsor
Our sponsorships help us build and maintain strong relationships throughout the Ottawa area. In addition to financial support, our sponsors have provided spaces for us to hold our support groups and events. They’ve also hosted fundraising events on our behalf.
Contact us at (613) 567-4278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can partner to support healing and the building of a compassionate community.
We wish to thank the following sponsors for their contributions:
- Beechwood, the National Cemetery of Canada
- Kelly Funeral Homes
- Heritage Funeral Home
- Scotiabank, our Beyond the Blues sponsors
- Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
- Administration Centre in Pembroke, for their donation towards our Support and Share Night
- Sisters Marlene Kelly and Anne Taylor of Kairos Spirituality-for-Social Justice Centre for donating space for meetings and events, and supporting our Support and Share Day
- McEvoy Shields Funeral Homes
- Kairos Spirituality-for-Social Justice Centre
- The Bronson Centre for donating space for support groups, events and planning
- The Harold Crabtree Foundation for continued support of our adult closed groups and facilitator training
- An anonymous foundation for continued support of our parent/youth groups
- Ontario Trillium Foundation for supporting our 2010/2011 capacity building project
- Community Foundation of Ottawa for funding our pilot project and Support and Share Day
- Mennonite Foundation of Canada and Stephen and Stephanie Burgetz for continued support of our programs